KS4 Fine Art
The purpose of this project is to provide a framework within which you can:
- Meet all of the assessment objectives in the GCSE Fine Art course
- Investigate different cultures and cultural objects through observation, drawing and recording
- Improve your skills in observational drawing and design using different ways of using visual language, media and techniques
- Research cultural and contextual materials to inspire and influence your own work
- Use a wide range of 2D and 3D Media, techniques and processes in an experimental way to explore a variety of ideas
- Analyse and evaluate your own work and that of others in response to the theme and the influence of other artists
The outcome of this project will be:
- Research on cultures
- A variety of primary and secondary source drawings and design ideas inspired by the theme of ‘Culture’
- A Brusho Dye and mixed media painting inspired by your chosen culture
- Research on the work of an appropriate ceramicist
- A ceramic vessel inspired by your culture and the work of your chosen ceramicist
- AO1: Develop ideas through investigations, demonstrating critical understanding of sources.
- AO2: Refine work by exploring ideas, selecting and experimenting with appropriate media, materials, techniques and processes.
- AO3: Record ideas, observations and insights relevant to intentions as work progresses.
- AO4: Present a personal and meaningful response that realises intentions and demonstrates understanding of visual language