Over their GCSE History, pupils study the following topics:
- Anglo-Norman England c.1060 – c.1088
- The Cold War, 1945 – 1992
- Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany, 1918 – 1939
- Warfare through Time, c.1250 – 2011
- London during the Second War World
Pupils who meet age related expectations by the end of Year 11 will be able to:
- Demonstrate some knowledge of key features of a period of time.
- Give accurate and relevant information of these features.
- Apply effective analysis to key features using second order concepts such as change and continuity, causation, consequence, significance, similarity and difference.
- Show a line of reasoning.
- Offer a judgement on the use of sources and interpretations, which are based on a developed comment.
- Select a relevant detail to create a follow up enquiry and identify appropriate questions for enquiry.
- Identify appropriate sources to explore a follow-up question for enquiry.
- Make some valid inferences from a source.
- Show understanding of how provenance (nature, origin, purpose) affects source usage.
- Reasonable analyse interpretations and the key differences between different interpretations of the same event.