Vision & Values
Governors and staff will work together tirelessly to encourage and embody the concept of ‘traditional values, forward thinking and bright futures’ for every pupil.
Our vision is for a highly successful educational journey through which each of our pupils can flourish in a safe, happy and stimulating school community from age 3-16. We set and ensure high expectations of ourselves and of others as we strive to teach knowledge and inspire curiosity about the world. We encourage positive attitudes, contribution to community, resilience, creativity, integrity and kindness.
Values & Ethos
Our school values are determined through consultation and discussion, including at parental engagement groups, and we have agreed that the following values encompass those we will strive to embody through all aspects of our work:
These shared values will also underpin our values’ education programme across the school.
At Castle Newnham we are committed to a clear set of rights, responsibilities and values otherwise referred to as ‘British Values’. The government places the responsibility on all schools to promote the ‘fundamental British values’ of:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
Castle Newnham promotes these values in the following ways:
- Strong school ethos delivered through a broad and balanced curriculum in a supportive environment.
- Successful integration of all pupils into our community.
- Promotion of equal opportunities for everyone.
- Strong pastoral structure.
- Strong and coherent behaviour and anti-bullying policies.
- Part of a wider community that recognises very clearly our responsibility to others through our commitment to the disadvantaged, our senior citizens and those less fortunate than ourselves.
- Weekly assemblies and tutor/class time delivering key messages and celebrating British Values.
- Monthly values themes in Primary and PSHCE ‘quotes of the fortnight’ in Secondary are used to develop the understanding of these key values.
- Discrete RE lessons used to develop the understanding of different cultures, faiths and beliefs.
- Opportunities for pupils to take on a variety of leadership roles across the school including at Primary: Values Ambassadors and School Council Members and at Secondary: Head Boy/Girl, School Council members, Sports Leaders and Prefects.
- A range of community, charitable and fund raising events in all year groups.
- A range of extra-curricular opportunities open to all.
Castle Newnham is fully committed to developing strong moral and social values and enabling all pupils to be able to contribute fully to the society in which they live.