New NJC level 2A point 3-4
Full time 31.67 hours, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 3.30pm, term time only
Permanent to start in September 2019
We are keen to recruit a teaching assistant to a permanent post as our secondary provision continues to expand with Year 11 cohort beginning in September 2019. We are looking preferably for someone with experience of a similar role within the education system and/or the personal skills and resilience to develop in the role to support our secondary pupils. The role is to work in classroom settings to identify and develop strategies to support pupils in overcoming barriers to their learning. Working alongside teaching staff and existing pastoral systems you will provide an extra layer of support for pupils in the school. You may also be asked to deliver programmes of support for literacy or numeracy to small groups of pupils. The post would provide excellent experience for a person wishing to move on to a career in teaching.
As well as a supportive team and strong professional development Castle Newnham offers:
- well-behaved, happy, confident and enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn;
- a school highly valued and supported by parents and the community;
- a nurturing, enthusiastic and committed staff, who can rise to a challenge;
- great opportunities to make your mark and to be part of something exciting and unique
School tours are available, please contact Miss Tomei (email@example.com) to arrange an appointment.
Closing Date: Monday 8 July 2019 (Mid-day)
Interviews: Tuesday 16 July 2019
Castle Newnham Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
The position requires an enhanced criminal records bureau (DBS) disclosure
Learning Support Apprentice
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Learning Support Assistant Apprentice to assist in the Design Technology department. You will help the teachers to support the pupils with their learning.
This role would be ideal for those that have a genuine passion for creating and making products. You will have experience in using CAD/CAM and machinery or have studied GCSE/A Level Design Technology. The ideal candidate will be able to pass on their enthusiasm and passion for Design Technology to the pupils in the school.
Daily duties will include:
- To attend to the educational, personal and social needs of pupils and any other requirements depending on the pupil’s special needs and, wherever possible, make these part of the learning experience
- To promote and support the inclusion of all pupils in the learning activities in which they are involved; predominantly in the Design Technology department
- To support the Design Technology lead with a lunchtime club
- To prepare resources and materials needed for lessons
- To maintain machinery in the Design Technology department in line with Health and Safety
- To assist in maintaining classroom discipline by working with individual and groups of pupils in developing expectations of acceptable personal and social behaviour and help make them part of the learning experience
- To support the Design Technology lead with preparing for school trips and accompanying the pupils on the visits
- To support the teaching of literacy, numeracy or other specific curriculum areas/specialisms as required and agreed with the SENDCo
- Willing to undertake first aid training and training on how to use the large equipment in the DT area
Full training will be given, and qualified staff will always be on hand to guide and mentor you.
To apply for this position, please click here. The closing date is Wednesday 26 June 2019.