Teacher of Geography
Full or Part time to start in January 2020
We are keen to recruit a teacher of geography (full or part time will be considered) to a fixed term post for 2 terms in the first instance to cover maternity leave. Our geography department has an excellent reputation for high standards and innovative teaching and is led by a passionate and experienced subject specialist. Geography plays a key part in our core curriculum offer and is a very popular subject.
We seek a teacher who will enthuse pupils to learn with a combination of great subject knowledge, energy, dedication and warmth of approach. We are forward looking in that we embrace innovation and research-based practice with a strong emphasis on training and development and would welcome applications from colleagues with a similarly outward-looking approach. The role will involve working collaboratively and enthusiastically as part of the extremely supportive team. The post is suitable for ambitious colleagues at any stage of their career who have ideally taught to GCSE level.
As well as a supportive team and strong professional development Castle Newnham offers:
- well-behaved, happy, confident and enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn;
- a school highly valued and supported by parents and the community;
- a nurturing, enthusiastic and committed staff, who can rise to a challenge;
- great opportunities to make your mark and to be part of something exciting and unique
Closing Date: Monday 7 October 2019 (Mid-day)
Interviews: W/c 14 October 2019
School tours are available, please contact Miss Tomei (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an appointment. For further details of this post and an application pack, please click here. To download a copy of the application form, please click here.
Castle Newnham Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The position requires an enhanced criminal records bureau (DBS) disclosure.
Full time role, 37 hours per week, term time only, weekly Rate: £144.30
An amazing opportunity to join this all-through school as an apprentice in the PE department. You will provide all-round support to the PE teaching staff and develop your own skills in a wide variety of tasks. Flexibility and a passion for a wide range of sports are essential qualities for this position, together with confident communication.
The successful applicant will be an inspiration and role model to the pupils by their own passion for an active and healthy lifestyle. The role will involve preparation of equipment and there will be some lifting involved. You must be reliable, punctual and totally committed to both your own development and the development of the pupils. A strong team player with an adaptable “can-do” nature, willing to provide support wherever the need arises, even if this means adding an extra pair of hands in the classroom. You will need to be organised and methodical as you will be expected to get involved with planning of lessons and fixtures and you will need to use your own initiative.
Daily duties will include:
- Running extra-curricular clubs – such as rounders, cricket, football, basketball – providing structure and leadership to informal games, encouraging participation and team work
- Working alongside qualified teachers in PE lessons
- Preparation of equipment and kit for lessons
- Running an activity club session in out of school clubs on an “as required” basis
- Attend inter-sports events and fixtures either at home or away
- Organise equipment stores and check all kit to make sure it is clean, safe and ready for use
- Plus a variety of other activities.
Full training will be given and qualified staff will always be on hand to guide and mentor you. Some flexibility in working hours will be required to allow for out of school hours sporting fixtures.
Closing date for applications is 18 September 2019