Year 8 Food Technology
Pupils studying Food Technology will cover:
Students will be given the opportunity to experiment and practice with different recipes and ingredients. They will be able to make a range of meals suitable for a family dinner. A emphasis will be placed on building up practical skills and confidence in the kitchen. This module will include many practical lessons including: Stir-fry, Shortcrust pastry (Quiche and Fruit Pie), Full English Breakfast (paired work), Pizza, Homemade Curry Paste (Thai Green Curry/Chicken Rogan Josh), Samosas, Lasagne, Celebration Cake.
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to demonstrate the following:
- They can confidently use a range of skills to independently follow a recipe.
- They can select and use the correct equipment accurately and safely.
- Identify and incorporate improvements to a product.
- They can use testing and evaluation to judge how successful a product is and identify improvements.
- They can follow a recipe to produce a product of a high standard.