Year 8 History
Topics studied include:
- What was Early Modern British society like?
- Politics and power from 1500-1750.
- How have we created an interpretation of the Vikings?
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to:
- Learners will be able to place events in the correct period of history.
- Learners will be able to use technical vocabulary accurately in discussions and writing.
- Learners will be able to analyse why different people may have different views of the same event.
- Learners can identify how views of the past are created by selection of evidence.
- Learners can describe what changed and what stayed the same in a historical period.
- Learners can identify causes and effects as well as suggesting how they may be linked together.