Year 8 I.C.T
Pupils in this year group will be taught the following topics:
- Logical reasoning; Using diagrams to express solutions
- Creating programs using Scratch, Alice and Kodu.
Hardware and Software:
- Hardware and application software; Physical, wireless and mobile networks
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to demonstrate the following (in relation to each topic):
- Pupils can identify similarities and differences in situations and can use these to solve problems (pattern recognition).
- Pupils can share the same characteristics and use the same algorithm to solve both (generalisation).
- Pupils can use a range of operators and expressions e.g. Boolean, and applies them in the context of program control.
- Pupils know that there is a range of operating systems and application software for the same hardware.
- Pupils know data transmission between digital computers over networks, including the internet i.e. IP addresses and packet switching.