Year 9 Dance
Pupils will be taught dance through the following topics and texts:
- Dance technique and fitness
- Group choreography and performance – from a range of stimuli
- Solo choreography and performance – from a range of stimuli
- Dance appreciation – set works
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to:
- Select a wide range of skills, techniques and compositional ideas and apply them accurately and appropriately to choreography.
- Perform essential dance technique with accuracy, confidence and imagination.
- Use feedback to refine performance independently when working on solo and group work.
- Confidently work as a team, showing effective communication skills and contributing positively to the dance work – sometimes leading groups in rehearsals.
- Use analytical skills to provide reflections on own and/or professional works, with the use of specialist terminology.
- Demonstrate, including through own performance, clear knowledge and understanding of skills required to perform safely and with some sensitivity to style and/or intention.
Pupils who go above age related expectations will be able to:
- Highly developed ability to demonstrate physical, technical and expressive skills and attributes safely.
- Demonstrate coherent selection and use of choreographic elements and aural settings to communicate choreographic intention.
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate own and professional works, to produce clear reflective judgements and using specialist terminology appropriately