Year 9 Drama
Pupils will be taught drama through the following topics and texts:
- Devising Drama – from a range of stimuli
- Understanding drama and texts in practice – Teechers by John Godber
- Dance choreography
- Theatre practitioners
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to:
- To perform drama using characterisation skills, drama conventions and stage space with imagination and commitment to communicate meaning.
- Use a range of dramatic skills, techniques to express ideas and feelings effectively.
- Contribute positively to the development and realisation ideas within a range of groups, always encouraging others.
- Structure performance toward a particular target audience.
- Consolidate their ability and to respond in depth and detail to their own work and that of others, showing the ability to recognise quality and structure.
- Analyse theatre considering the production elements of the performance, as well as the directorial perspective of the performance.