Year 9 History
Topics studied in Year 9
- The Rise and Fall of the British Empire, 1750-1900.
- Britain and Europe in the Twentieth Century.
- Russia from 1800-1989
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to demonstrate the following (in relation to each topic):
- Learners will be able to prioritise causes, with some being more important than others.
- Learners will be able to use technical vocabulary accurately in discussions and writing.
- Learners will know that the significance of change may depend upon timescales or the person studying the change.
- Learners can make supported inferences based on evidence
- Learners will begin to analyse evidence for its usefulness.
- Learners can link different interpretations to the use of different evidence.
- Learners can place events, and periods of time, securely in a broader time scale.
- Historical vocabulary is placed in context of the period studied.