KS4 Product Design
Pupils in KS4 group will be working on a different design problems:
- Look at existing products of solving their design problem.
- The use of modelling to investigate their design problem.
- Produce an independent prototype for the problem.
- Have a variety of designs ideas using different techniques and software.
- Use of different design techniques and technical drawings.
- Use Computer Aided Design to develop creative and innovative design solutions.
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to demonstrate the following (in relation to each topic):
- They will be able to find a solution for a design problem.
- They can use a range of modelling techniques to investigate their design problem.
- They can use a range of materials to produce a prototype.
- Show high quality finish of their products.
- They can analyse and evaluate their own work and that of others to justify their design ideas. .
- Use of Computer Aided Design to develop design solutions.
- Use Computer Aided Manufacture to produce their prototype.