Year 7 Dance
Pupils will be taught dance through the following topics and texts:
- Set work study – Harry Potter
- Choreography – group and solo
- Performance technique
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to:
- Create and replicate movement that is appropriate to the stimulus given.
- Select skills, techniques and compositional ideas and begin to apply them to choreography.
- Begin to build a good standard of dance technique which is performed with confidence and imagination.
- Use feedback to refine performance independently when working on solo and group work.
- Confidently work as a team, showing effective communication skills and contributing positively to the dance work – sometimes leading groups in rehearsals.
- Reflect on dance work and begin to use specialist terminology.
- Demonstrate, including through own performance, clear knowledge and understanding of skills required to perform safely and with some sensitivity to style and/or intention.