Year 7 Drama
Pupils will be taught drama through the following topics and texts:
- Introduction to drama – building knowledge of drama skills
- Soap Operas
- Set text study: Extracts from Skellig – the play by David Almond
- Set text study: Extracts from The Terrible Fate of Humpty Dumpty by David Calcutt
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to:
- To be able to speak confidently in front of an audience, understanding how to use characterisation skills (body language, facial expression and voice).
- Demonstrate social and group skills necessary for meaningful drama to take place.
- Work in mixed groups of varying sizes, as well as individually.
- Begin to apply drama conventions to performances.
- Show a developing ability to devise.
- Structure drama with a beginning, middle and end.
- Understand the process of creating drama.
- Reflect and respond constructively to their own work and that of others.