Year 8 Drama
Pupils will be taught drama through the following topics and texts:
- Refreshing key skills and knowledge
- Set text study: Extracts from Blackout by Davey Anderson
- Introduction to devising drama
- Set text study: Extracts from Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon & Simon Stephens
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to:
- Consolidate and deepen understanding of how to use characterisation skills (body language, facial expression and voice).
- Develop the ability to use a range of skills, conventions and techniques
- Discuss and analyse the issues and themes involved in their devised work and of set texts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the difference between planned improvisation and un-planned improvisation.
- Recognise and use the conventions and form of script when reading, performing and writing scenes
- Develop the ability to reflect upon and respond constructively and sensitively to their work and that of others.