Year 9 Drama
Pupils will be taught drama through the following topics and texts:
- Enhancing key drama skills
- Set text study: Extracts from Game Over & Too Much Punch for Judy & by Mark Wheeler
- Theatre Practitioners – Stanislavski, Artaud, Brecht, Boal, Frantic Assembly, Punchdrunk and Kneehigh
- Monologue performances – The Riots by Gillian Slovo and The Jungle by Joe Murphy & Joe Robertson
- Devising Drama – from a range of stimuli
- Set text study: Extracts from Overshadowed by Eva O’Connor
Pupils who meet age related expectations will be able to:
- To perform drama using characterisation skills, drama conventions and stage space with imagination and commitment to communicate meaning.
- Use a range of dramatic skills, techniques to express ideas and feelings effectively.
- Contribute positively to the development and realisation ideas within a range of groups, always encouraging others.
- Structure performance toward a particular target audience.
- Consolidate their ability and to respond in depth and detail to their own work and that of others, showing the ability to recognise quality and structure.
- To gain an understanding of technical theatre and apply this understanding in a performance context, either as a performer or designer.
- Analyse theatre considering the production elements of the performance, as well as the directorial perspective of the performance.
Pupils who go above age related expectations will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and understanding when creating, performing and responding to drama
- Explore performance texts, understanding their social, cultural and historical context including the theatrical conventions of the period in which they were created
- Develop a range of theatrical skills and apply them to create performance